Cryptography is the science of encryption or ciphers (secret codes).
Relics have been discovered from early Greek and Roman times that were used to encode and decode messages. In modern times, cryptography has become intertwined with electronic engineering, logic, probabilities and mathematics.
- Algorithm – A sequential series of steps or actions.
- Encryption – The process of converting information into a hidden or unreadable string of characters.
- Decryption – The process of converting a hidden or unreadable string of characters into the intended information.
- Cipher – A code or an algorithm for the encryption of decryption of text message.
- Cryptanalysis – The practice of code breaking.